• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A+ certification expiration?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TalRW

My friend and I were planning to take the A+ certification test this summer. We got some books from the library but we had a question. My friend took the cisco academy but didn't take the test cause the cirtification only lasts for 3 years and that would be while he is in school and didn't think paying a ton just so he would have to retake the test.

So our main question is, if we pass does the certification expire at any point so that we would have to retake it?

Edit: Another question, it says it's a 2 part test costing 153 bucks. Does that mean 153 total for both parts or 153 for each totalling 306 bucks.

Last edited:
yeah, I edited my first post right as you replied, so you might not have seen it. So I'll just ask again, is it 153 for both parts of the test or 306 to complete the whole thing.

I paid $130 for both parts but my class got a discount.

I have heard that A+ is a worthless test, and that most of us here could pass it with out even trying.

I don't have any certs, and I don't any have problems finding a job that is within my skill set.

I wasn't even asked at any of my interviews if I had any certs, I was asked what I have done in the past, and what knid of software knowledge I have.

From what I have found, most places are looking for someone that is willing to learn. Seeing how basic A+ is, I don't think its worth the time. CCNA on the other hand, is somehting worth looking into.

I found this one their website

"What does it cost to take the CompTIA A+ exam?
The CompTIA A+ exam is a two-part exam and each part of the exam is available to CompTIA corporate members for $98 USD and non-members for $153 USD. Check with your employer - if your company is a member, you qualify for the discounted price. Look up exam prices."

We decided not to take it if it's gonna cost us 300 bucks like it said, maybe if we can get a discount like AVG then I'll worry about it more.

Back