• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sff Choices

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FooTemps

Registered
I'm looking to build a system around an a64 x2 4400+.

I've been looking at either a shuttle sn25p barebones or an antec aria system with modified psu. The problem is that I have no freakin clue what mobos are compatible with the x2 processors. I figure that the sn25p would be a better choice just out of shuttle's reputation but I'm leaning towards the Aria because it is slightly bigger, but not as big as the x-qpack. (That means it's still sleek and can squeeze in watercooling)

Anyway, here's what I'm deciding between if I get the aria:

Jetway a210gdms-pro
MSI rs480m2-l
(Both will be running the same components. 7800gtx, dvd-rw, 1 hd, laing d5 pump, pci wireless card if it can fit with the watercooling I have in mind. That should give you an idea about the power consumption of the whole system.)

All I really need to know is dual core compatiblity but it would be nice to know how well each board runs if you have any experience with them.

edit: May as well tack this on... My frien'ds AOpen EZ18 barebones system is freaking out. The case seems to have a current running through it so that you get shocked upon touching the frame. Any clues on how to figure out where it's getting the current?

Last edited:
If the bios updates for the mainboards list the X2, then it will run it. You'll have to dig up the manufacturer's website and look for bios support.

Well still no decision on my case but I decided to go with the jetway mobo.

I also decided against the Aria because of it's proprietary power supply. Now I'm trying to decide on a silverstone sg01/fragbox or an x-qpack. The x-qpack has better pricing and has more appeal cooling wise but it looks like a freakin microwave and the sg01 is so damn long. Anyone wanna try to sway me towards one or the other?

I've just started looking into building an SFF, and I personally REALLY REALLY love the X-Qpak. It has a massive fan, and it's own massive PSU. It also has a removable mobo!! The more I looked at it from when I first saw it, the more I wanted it.

I just have no idea where to find mATX boards that aren't ATI chipsets.

Search google for some reviews and see what others are saying.

I really don't get why everyone is facinated with the xqpack. It looks like a freaking microwave. I'd at least the perfer the chenming since it has no windows, thus avoiding the microwave look. But I think I'm going for the sg01 since i don't really dig the cube look.

Back