• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Volcano 6 CU+ any good?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

yog

I just found a place that has this cooler for $13 and was wondering what everyone here thought of it. Is it worth it? Is it worth a little more money to get a different cooler? Or will it not make that big of a difference from my Global-win 32-I? Or would a Evercool ND-12 cooler be better? I just found one of those for $15?

Thanks

Volcano 6cu+ = good :D

Stupid computer refusing to post my original reply thus making me type a whole new one (this one) = bad :mad:

Very comprable system to mine Frodo. Try setting to 115 * 10.0 like I did, you'll lose 5mhz total but gain big on the fsb. Or you could try 117 * 10.0, I did but my system wouldn't hold.

Say hi to Samwise for me.

That's because 110 is the documented limit. Several others here found 4 speeds above 110, then I went and tested for all possible alternative options. About an hour later I found that the 4 the others found were the only non-documented speeds above 110.:mad: Here they are for the fsb switch:

1 2 3 4 5
--------------
n f f n f = 111mhz
n n n f f = 113mhz
n f n f f = 115mhz
n n f f f = 117mhz

n= ON

f= OFF

Now, will you please say hi to Samwise for me?! ;)

Heh, if you replaced your 800 chip with a 950 your sys would lamost look identicle to mine

950 Duron
ASUS A7V-E
128 MB RAM
ATI 8 MB AGP (yeah yeah I know)
MAXTOR 20 GB HD
12x CDROM (yeah yeah I know also)

God, you got like 350 Mhz + with your Duron 800 (stoppit you make me feel bad now)

Frodo Baggins said:
God, you got like 350 Mhz + with your Duron 800 (stoppit you make me feel bad now)

Thank you. :D Let me know if you want the switch combinations for 90, 95, 101, 102, 107 or 109. They're less than 110 but they aren't in the manual (maybe in bios, I'd have to shut down to check though).

Back