• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Monarch Shipping ROCKS! (Sarcastic)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lilxvietxboi

Monarch Shipping ROCKS! (Sarcastic) !!CALLING SSS!!

Wow. Okay so I ordered something(Most of my system) last thursday from Monarch. And today it is still in the "Your order has been submitted to the warehouse for processing..." stage. Can you say WTF?! Don't they say ships in 1-2 days. How about 7+ days!!! Hey they upgraded me to free 2day Air, but its not like its been shipped yet, its still late(ground 5-7 days).
For those who argue that it is a holiday week, and they deserve it off. Well I ordered my PSU Fortron Bluestrom AX-500A from actbuy right after I ordered everything from Monarch, and it came TODAY like promised.

well WTF MONARCH?!

Okay enough rant. I'll go back to buying my stuff from the Egg!

Last edited:
No tax :). Tax bought me my xp120. and the lower price on dfi nf4 ultra-d and connect3d x800xl board. +free shipping

i just bought some redline from them, sinc ethey live hours away from me t takes 2 days for stuff to get here :)

Mr_Fuchs said:
why would you buy from monarch ? was there a special ?

If you lived in CA you would understand :)

I've had 3 transactions with Monarch and 2 of them were terrible. I wish i could say i would never use them again, but with CA sales tax they do sometimes have the better deal. Sometimes it's worth paying a few bucks tax for NewEgg's service, but when you're talking about a $1100 CPU, i'll gladly wait a few extra days for their service to avoid tax.

I'm another Californian that shops at Monarch to avoid CA sales tax. I wish I could regularly shop with Newegg because the few times I have bought stuff from them they were great. But when pricing out my new system buying the same stuff from Newegg that I could get at Monarch cost me about 100 bucks more. Luckily I have some patience so when I order from Monarch it doesn't kill me to wait a couple extra days.

I recently made a purchase at monarch. Two days later (today) they email me to report that my shipping address is not on file with the credit card issuer.

Two days to verify credit card info? That is not customer service.

It is strange that my shipping address passed credit card issuer verification with my recent orders from Dell, Newegg, Outpost, and AMD.

If Monarch does not get their act together they will loose this customer.

Note: This post will be updated to reflect any further communication with Monarch Computers regarding this order.

7/8/05 8:05am Notified billing that the shipping information is correct (same as used on prior monarch orders) and requested that they reverify with the credit card company.
7/8/05 8:05am Notified the order dept that I was not pleased with the delays in shipping my order, and mentioned that there were reports of poor customer service due to shipping problems on the ocforums.
7/8/05 8:10am Called credit card issuer. Shipping info was accurate.
7/8/05 8:25am Notified Monarch that the shipping info was correct and on file with the credit card issuer. Requested upgrade to free overnight shipping due to their 2 day delay in processing the order.
7/9/05 7:00am Still no response of any kind from monarchcomputers.

Last edited:
Well, I'm not sure what happened with my order BUT
6/29 - Ordered
(Credit Card was my uncles so I assume there is a delay here for him to verify my address, but the 6 day delay is kind of excessive?)
7/5 - Emailed their order service
7/5 - Replied Order got submited to warehouse on 7/5
7/6 - Emailed again
7/7 - Recieved response, DFI boards they got were damaged?(I call BS) Offer overnight shipping -> Replied if free i'll accept overnight.
.... ill update this when I get a response.

Yes I live in California, more specificly Los Angeles County so the tax is MASSIVE! 8.25% buying from Monarch saved me $50+(Which I bought my XP-120 with)

i ordered something from monarch after hearing some good things about them. needless to say i havent ordered anything else the slow shipping and processing kills me (the kicker is really its not that slow but the egg spoils us by showing how a modern retailor should work)

lilxvietxboi said:
Wow. Okay so I ordered something(Most of my system) last thursday from Monarch. And today it is still in the "Your order has been submitted to the warehouse for processing..." stage. Can you say WTF?! Don't they say ships in 1-2 days. How about 7+ days!!! Hey they upgraded me to free 2day Air, but its not like its been shipped yet, its still late(ground 5-7 days).
For those who argue that it is a holiday week, and they deserve it off. Well I ordered my PSU Fortron Bluestrom AX-500A from actbuy right after I ordered everything from Monarch, and it came TODAY like promised.

well WTF MONARCH?!

Okay enough rant. I'll go back to buying my stuff from the Egg!

I received my Bluestorm from actbuy today too. Rarely do I see anything packaged this well.

Update: More than 12 hours after my multiple email messages to Monarch, (on a work day), there is no reply of any kind.

This is not looking good, we might need some help from SSS on this one :(

I wonder if I will ever see my OCZ Ram (512 MB DDR PC-3200 (400) REG ECC OCZ Low Profile (OCZ400512SSER) )

Last edited:
No, we don't. Monarch replys dead midnite PST. I don't know whats up with that. I think they send emails during the day, and reply, but their system doesn't "send" it till midnite PST. (All my emails I received from Monarch were from 11PM-1AM PST)

I've bought from Monarch before, thats only because they had the LBBLE stepping I so coveted :). I did not have a problem and it was a Friday. Can't beat newegg though.

PS*
Mate, the heading is hilarious! "Monarch shipping ROCKS". For a moment I thought:-

a. They really did send you a box of rocks a la WorstBuy.

b. They sent you a box of crack! :D

Yup same here, no email. So they promised in the last email to ship friday night arrive saturday morning. Yet, they still did not ship. Can I get a WTF? I'm never shopping Monarch again.

Emailed to them:
--
Hello,

It is Saturday, and the order still has not been shipped, nor have I
received a reply from the last email I have sent. I approved shipping
overnight, but it still was not shipped. Did the latest shipment of
AMD Athlon 64 3200+ Venice processors arrived damaged too?(Sarcastic).
I would like to proceed in all possible ways that will get my order I
ordered over 10 days ago here as soon as possible, that will not cost
me a penny more then what I have already paid.

History of transaction:
6/29 - Ordered
(In between time verify ship to address I suppose, but it doesn't take
5+ days to verify an address.)
7/5 - Order submitted to warehouse
7/5 - Ask if order will arrive by Thursday.
7/5 - Received reply: Order will arrive Friday.
7/7 - Sent email asking why delay
7/8 - (Friday)Received response: DFI Boards were damaged, told it
would ship that night, arrive Saturday
7/8 - Gave OK if on your dime
7/9 - (Saturday)STILL HAS NOT BEEN SHIPPED, nor have I received a
reply from my last email.

-Huy Tran
PS> You may be losing a very valuable customer, as I shop for parts
constantly while building new computers for friends, family, and
customers, and fixing them for friends, family, and customers. In
addition, I refer a lot of people to online shops that give me great
reliability. This delay isn't adding to my confidence from buying at
Monarch Computer. Sad to say, but this was my first purchase at
Monarch Computer, and it isn't going very well.
--

I think we might need help from SSS....

Last edited:
i tried out sipzoomfly.com for the first time and had NO issues using an international credit card - althought associated to a US bank and a US forwarding adddress - had my order in miami with their free 2 day shipping - they shipped out the next day and i had it in Costa Rica central america in 5 days!!!

Hmmm. Left a review on resellerratings. I guess very satisfied posts are not censored/cleared (I posted 10's for actbuy as it was on time as expected). And a very dissatisfied for Monarch(Which needs to be cleared within 48 hours).

SSS Can you help us?!

Back