• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best drivers for 6800 & CS:S

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CorpX

what do u guys reccomend?

i'm getting like 40-50 fps and it's noticable for me (i been playing cs & css for a while), so what's the best drivers out there?

Man. honestly i think it's just CS:S. i've been trying everything to get my frames up. I get great frames in HL2, BFV, Doom3, every other game. Fire up CS:S and my frame rates suck. I have tried just about every driver release out there with not much change. Turning off AA seems to help a bit. If you're running 1280X960 or 1280X1024 AA is a bit of a waste anyway.

J.

The best drivers would be the Extream G's. They are tweaked and edited. Try the 77.62 or newer. That is what I am using now and haven't had any problem's yet. You will be able to through your core clock way out there and have little stability problems.

Drivers won't give you any noticable FPS improvement although you may see some increased numbers in benchmarks that won't be the case with the games.

juliendogg said:
Man. honestly i think it's just CS:S. i've been trying everything to get my frames up. I get great frames in HL2, BFV, Doom3, every other game. Fire up CS:S and my frame rates suck. I have tried just about every driver release out there with not much change. Turning off AA seems to help a bit. If you're running 1280X960 or 1280X1024 AA is a bit of a waste anyway.

J.

yeap man, i can play gtasa(all maxed out), bf2 (pretty high settings etc) with no noticable drop in fps, but i just cant play css as well as i'd like to!

sad part is, that's the only damn game i care a lot about!!!

I used the 77.30s, 77.50s, 77.72. and the 80.40 and I havta say the 77.30s pwn, give me really nice FPS and it also upped my core on my videocard, im able to keep 430 stable, unlike the 77.72s, I coudn't keep 415mhz.

CorpX said:
yeap man, i can play gtasa(all maxed out), bf2 (pretty high settings etc) with no noticable drop in fps, but i just cant play css as well as i'd like to!

sad part is, that's the only damn game i care a lot about!!!

Ageed 100%. I spend 90% of my gaming time on CS:S. Honestly my 9800 handled it allmost as well as my 6800 does. The 6800 blows away the 9800 in every other game i play though.

J.

Back