• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How does GF6200 Turbocache Compares to a Radeon X700?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

@crilicM@n

I´ve seen here a Geforce go 6200 bet a ATI X300 ( http://www.hardwareanalysis.com/content/article/1766.2/ ) With 32mb it can allocates and use up to 128mb of main memory...

I wonder, how does a GF Go 6200 32mb TurboCache compare with a Radeon x600 or X700... Just becouse I´m going to buy a Laptop and I´m wondering how good it is... I think it´s safe to say that it beats the Fx5200 series doesn´t??? If anyone has a review that compares it with other solutions or even with the Media acelerator 900.... Thanks :rolleyes:

6200 turbo cache i fine if you plan on upgrading your memory but the x600 an x700 will dominate the 6200 tc whether u upgrade or not.

the x700 is better, its almost on par with the 6600, if it was me it'd be the x700, I'm perfectly happy with mine.

Well... im deciding toward the model with 6200TC.... And this model doesn´t have anoter option.... The ACER C314.... As it comes with Dual channel DDRam2 533mhz... I think it shall work Ok.... I only plan old games like starcraft, quake III and at the maximum, need for speed... I think it can handle it doesn´t??? And if necessary I don´t mind turning off some of the eyecandies...
Well, thanks people... If anyone have an article , please point it here!

the 6200TC is marketing crap is all i heard - it doesnt have "any turbo cache, - it has slow emory - i would think an x700 would be FAR better off.

i dont think it can handle need for speed but depedsn which one ?

6200 can handel it, not at high res or high quality. My lappy fx5200 / brothers 8500le play it fine

It can handle NFS : U that's for sure. My 64MB GeForce 4 MX 440 could do it with ease.

My radeon 7500 runs the NFS U 1 fine.... That lappy xcan go only to 1024x768.... So it´ll not need much power I think..... The 1gig Dual channell DDRamm 533mhz and the PCI Express arquitecture will help it I think... Anyway, it´s not a gaming machine... If it would meant to be like that i´d had bought a Asus z71v he he ... The problem is that im ´n Brazil guys... The Laptop Market here is sooo crap.... Thanks for everybody!

I looking at laptops too. Lots of them come w/ 9700's, some have x300's, x700's, 6600's and some have a new 6800.

I've read some reviews, but value your opinions more.

9700's seem to be a dime a dozen, how do they compare to desktop 9700's? And how do these others compare to it?

Thanks for any opinions.

ps I'll be playing all games , new and old.

For Starcraft you really don't need a 6200TC for that game I've still got it and my FX5200 plays it perfectly a 32mb card would play Starcraft. but it also plays N.F.S 1 very well does the FX5200 not sure about Quake 3 but then again I don't like Quake games.

i´ve seen quakeIII running acceptably in my boss laptop, a PM 1,4ghz with integrated intel extreme graphics, wich is the crappiest.... So I think quakeIII will be playable with everything up and maybe AA...

dicecca112 said:
the x700 is better, its almost on par with the 6600, if it was me it'd be the x700, I'm perfectly happy with mine.
the x700 is better than the 6600, BUt the 6600gt is better than the X700pro

Back