• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

keeping time?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DerekDRP

Disabled
ok as of like 1 month ago my pc stop keeping time on its clock ( in the bois and the normal clock ) what does it mean? faulty battery? slighty bad mobo but still plays game?

My Recomendation

DerekDRP
I think what he means is to go buy a new cmos battery and relpace the one on your MB with it.
If he doesn't then that is what I recommend.Many people have a spare that will fit in another board to test this.
Edit: Sorry about the double post we were posting at the same time but all batteries can go out anytime even new ones.

the battery might be sitting for a while before it got put in the mobo, who knows

Before you remove your bat, go into your BIOS and write down all of your settings. You won't have to reinstall XP. If you are running stock settings go into BIOS after you change your bat and load optimal settings. You can then set your time (remember it's a 24 hour clock) and date.
Hope this helps,
Killa

Back