• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problem with 19" crt monitor

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LeEbZ0r

Hey guys I've bought myself a 19" samsung 990DF monitor from newegg not too long ago and I think it may have a problem. Like in the middle of the screen, on the right side I see lines or flickering, I dont really know how to explain it. Im pretty sure its not the refresh rate and resolution since they are at what the MFG reccomends, and I have tried changing them. Right now Im at 1280x1024 @ 85hz. You cant really notice the flickering, but sometimes it gets quite bad and annoying, can anyone help me or give me some advice? Thanks in advance.

I'm having the same problem with my Sony HMD-A400 Triniton (1280x1024@75Hz) This monitor is a little old but not too old. I notice more when there is white font on the screen and particularly with my desktop icons since the text is white.

Try a different VGA cable or try reseting the connectors. You could flip it end for end too. Degauss the monitor and see what happens.

You can also try moving the monitor across the room or into a different room to eliminate environmental factors. I had a CRT against a wall once that would flicker unless I ran it at 1600x1200. The wall had a electrical panel and large transformer on the other side, and when I moved the monitor the problem vanished.

After all this, I guess you would need to start looking at the video card.

Yea I tried degaussing it. I havent tried moving it into another room...but I will tomorrow. Dang it, I've only had this thing for two weeks and had the problem since day one but I didnt notice it.

I noticed the problem with mine over the weekend when the past hurricane kept taking the power out every 5 mins.

Also, I forgot to mention that at some times its worse then others. For example, when I started this threat it wasnt too pretty and now its like barely noticable, Like I have to be an inch away from the screen to see it.

Back