• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best printer under $100

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

newbuilder

Registered
Looking for opinions on the best printer for $100 or less. Color and photo quality, ink prices. Need to replace the hp3820.. which for the money wasnt bad when it worked, but it didnt work long enough and the ink was ridiculous. Looking for a much better experience this time. TIA

For cost and ink prices go for a Canon that has the separate ink tanks. Intead of tossing a $40 ink tank when the Cyan runs dry, you can just replace the Cyan itself wit a $7-$12 ink tank

I got the Canon Pixma IP 3000, I really like it, Nice price, Can get ink refills for a good price, Quality of printing is good and I love the fact that a printer this inexpensive does double sided printing. Newegg has the IP3000 for $65 right now and it also has 20 dollar rebate =net 45, They have the IP4000 for $99, Also with $20 rebate=net $79. The printers connect via usb, So if you do order one you will need to get a USB cable, Printer does not ship with one. I am very happy with the quality of printing from such an inexpensive printer.

newbuilder said:
Not sure I'd buy another HP. The last one was a pos. I was great while it lasted for a year. A printer should last longer than a year no matter how much it cost. The 3820 was over $100 when I bought it.
Good luck with that. Every printer I have ever had has lasted only a year or two.

The ip4000 would be agreat choice, even the ip3000 in that price range. Epson has some good ones, too. Anything canon or epson would be good.

Back