• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

About to SCREAM

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lotec25

I am going nuts. My video card is killing me BFG 6800GT core is at 62 during normal operations. When i start a game. It gets hot And shuts my computer down i have got to find something to cool this off. I have now taken the side panel off so i can get some air in it hopeing to bring the temp down. I even have an 80mm case fan blowing in onto the card from my side window. This is driving me nuts even playing GTA it overheats.

Lotec

Cpu is and cold running at -18C It only does this when it is hot outside. If i turn ont he A/C we are fine.

Lotec

Lotec25 said:
Cpu is and cold running at -18C It only does this when it is hot outside. If i turn ont he A/C we are fine.

Lotec

maybe your PSU? What kind of PSU do you have?

and the rest of your rig's specs?

and how does your CPU run -18C? Peltier/Phase Change?

Dry Ice?

the PSU is a sparkle 500. 2.8 Pent 4 oc to 3.4 1 gig corsair ram CPU cooled by Mach 2 Chaintech 9cjs MOBO BFG 6800GT 415/1.1 the BFG will go higher but cooling is killing me. In the evening it runs great. As soon as it gets warm in the house it is over. i have 2 120 mm fans one in the front one in the back. and 3 80 mm 2 up top one on side window. the front 120 is pulling air in and back 120 is pushing it out. the 2 top mounted 80mm are pulling air out. And the 80mm on the side windows is pushing air in

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v697/lotec25/104_0484.jpg

i am worried that i do not have good air flow. Like maybe te 120mm in the back is pulling the air away from the card that the 80mm side fan is blowing in before it hits the card. Give me some ideas guys.

Lotec

What's your ambient air temperature?

One thing I would try is reversing the fan on the side so it blows out the hot air from the video card.

i turned the side fan around ill let you know if ther is a difference.

Lotec

Oh, that's the ambient air around your video card.

Firstly, does the air coming out the back fan feel warm?

Secondly, what's your room temperature?

I had a friend who had a problem like this. He took off the videocard heatsink and found very little to no thermal compound on the gpu core :eek: perhaps its somthing you should check.

You need one of these, they're great.
http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/gpumeco.html
Move the 120mm intake fan inside the case blowing right under the card, otherwise your fan config sounds right. I have all my rigs set with 80 or 90mm fans blowing directly under the SB, ram and onto the video cards. Only my 9800XT is still sweating a little. When I get some spare time, I'm going to order the ATI Cooler for the 9800XT.

yea i am going to pull the card tommorow and check it. Something is just not right here, I have looked at buying one of those coolers but i think i am going to go water cooled. I just sold all of my water cooling gear so i have to start all over again. I am just trying to get by for a few weeks. Ill pull the card tommorow and ill let yea guys know what i see.

Lotec

Back