• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

stupid question and smart question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Krusty

Insane Overclocking Clown
Stupid question: What keyboard command do you use to print an entire window to file and where is the file stored? If I know this, I can easily post images with temperatures.

smart question: My asus a7m266 has 3 thermal sensors. One is for the motherboard temp, one is for the cpu temp. mbm5 says there is a third, but it is registering at -1C, which I would guess means it is not connected. How would I go about connecting this to get my video card temp? Or perhaps I should be measuring a different temp?:confused:

First questions answer: Use Print Screen key to get the entire screen as a pic. And you can also get a single window, simply hold down the alt key as you press the print screen key.

You can paste these into any picture type program to my knowledge but most will use Bitmap... Open a new Bitmap Image and go to edit and down to paste... it should then paste it there..

That last one is a magical temp sensor...

er...or, rather, it doesn't really do anything useful. :)

Are you sure your mobo has tree sensors?
I don't know the Asus layout, but chances are you only have two temperature probes.
I know MBM says I have tree sensors, while in thruth I have only one (poor me :( ).

In mbm5, it says, i have asus1, asus2, asus2(cusl2), and asus3.

apparrantly asus2 and asus2(cusl2) cant be used at the same time. I would think since the program finds 3 sensors that there are 3 sensors. Also, when I set my third sensor to "none," it registers as 0c, which implies there is no sensor. When I have it at asus3, it registers at -1c, which implies that I DO have a sensor somewhere, but it is just not hooked up.

thanks for the help. Once I actually have a little money, I'm gonna get a new hsf for my gainward gf3. I'll look into getting a sensor to put in the hsf too.

Not exactly sure where the sensor is on your MB but the various MBs I've had all have the extra sensor connection right next to the AGP slot. It's actually just 2 prongs that stick up that you connect your thermistor to. MB manual that came with your mb might have the information.

Back