• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Joining team 32

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ckj

Hey there, I just got sick of my computer idling and doing nothing so i've decided to use my processing power to help my favorite forums.

I've just got a few questions...
Where does it say what your WUs are? In the text client it tells me how many "steps" it's on and it also says Run 7, Clone 726, Gen 23 up at the top. Secondly, I want to run the fancy big things like QMD but apparently you need to give permission. How do I give F@H permission? And finally I just want to say hi.

Welcome,go here and check out Wedo's one click install, it allows FAH to run as a service so the client does not bug you. Then download EMIII Here . That tells you all of your WU stats. As for the fancy things, you need to turn bigpackets to yes, to do this go into the config file of Wedos' installer and open it in notepad. Then change bigpackets=no to bigpackets=yes, aslo change the name to what ever you like. Have fun

ckj said:
Hey there, I just got sick of my computer idling and doing nothing so i've decided to use my processing power to help my favorite forums.

Welcome to the team :D :beer: :welcome:

I've just got a few questions...
Where does it say what your WUs are? In the text client it tells me how many "steps" it's on and it also says Run 7, Clone 726, Gen 23 up at the top. Secondly, I want to run the fancy big things like QMD but apparently you need to give permission. How do I give F@H permission? And finally I just want to say hi.

It should also say Project XXX: <workunit name>.

For QMD you need to turn big work units on in the advanced configuration section, and then its down to the luck of the draw ;).

PS:

HI!

I have a quick question, I installed one instance of it on my brother's p4 with HT. Do I need to install 2 versions of the program since it has hyper threading? It seems to use only 50% of the processing power but i only got a quick look because he wanted the computer back.

ckj said:
I have a quick question, I installed one instance of it on my brother's p4 with HT. Do I need to install 2 versions of the program since it has hyper threading? It seems to use only 50% of the processing power but i only got a quick look because he wanted the computer back.

not necessarily. Don't think of hyperthreading as two processors. it only manages threads. When you run one instance it is using all of your processor, it is just not managing the threads as efficiency. For instance on some units, if you decide to run two, they will simply take twice as long and your porduction per day will not increase.

If you run Bigpackets, run one instance. If you run no bigpackets, run 2. However it's a P4, turn BP on and run one instance, i say :thup:

I also suggest running a single instance on a P4 with HT if you turn on big packets. In my experience, running two instances of QMDs can most certainly show a hit in overall performance on the machine in question. As it is, a single instance of QMD's (current big packets) will put out somewhere in the neighborhood of 300-400 PPD, depending on the setup of the computer, and is not at all bad.

Back