• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Wireless internet problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RIPSTER

A friend of mine has a wireless network that he uses he has a netgear wireless router and a d-link DWL-122 wireless usb adaptor, It was working fine until one day he took out the adaptor without pressing remove i am guessing this is the cause of the problem im about to describe, Usualy when windows starts the wireless network icon appears and the dlink program opens in the system tray and it automaticaly connects to the wireless network, But now the wireless icons and the dlink does not open when i try to manualy open the dlink program nothing happens. There is no wireless network in network connections and i can think of what to do.

thnxn in advance

RIPSTER

try uninstalling th software and in device manager and then reinstall it? it appears as if the hardware isnt being detected any more. maybe the hardware somehow got killed in the process :-/

no I have DWL-120 adapters and I've never used the remove icon. Probably should though, but they still work fine. What you have to do is reinstall the driver. For whatever reason every time you unplug the d-link adapters and plug em back in you have to reinstall the driver. At least that's the way it works for me.

but also another weird thing is windows has been actin weird latley givin errors and suchlike also when i plug in my dell truemobile wi-fi adaptor it will neither be picked up by windows. im gonna try a clean install of the os and then see hope that will fix it

Back