• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

racing pedals with clutch?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nealric

So, Ive decided that I want to get a nice racing sim setup...
But its proving to be quite frustrating :bang head

Im looking for a racingwheel/shifter/pedal setup that includes
1. A real shifter (one that lets you chose any gear at any time- not just up and down)
2. A pedal setup with a clutch

This seems impossible to find. I saw a company called ACT used to make exactly what i am looking for for a reasonable price, but now they are going for over $300 on ebay.

Anything :shrug:

I already have a wheel/pedal setup for automatic trasmission but that does me no good. Im not willing to pay more than $100 or so, when auto setups are less than $50 and all they are adding is one freeking pedal and a 2 instead of single axis shift.

AFAIK ACT labs is the only company who made non-custom set-ups like that. I havent seen any wheel/pedal system with real shifter and clutch for less than a thousand dollars.

well as far as a clutch pedal is concerned, possibly you can plug in 2 sets of pedals so tha tyou'd have 4 pedals all togehter. The very most you'd have to do to do that is to have 2 wheels; however, i'm pretty sure you can get just a clutch pedal. As far as shifting is concerned I just use the behind the wheel paddels simular to f1 shifters.

Besides, even if you do find it, what games support a clutch and a gatted shifter?

And have you considered the fact your looking at something that is in EXTREME niche? I mean I can understand having a shifter, a few games have one...but most are for looks and they're either on or off. I think 300 is a fair price for something as custom as your looking for. It's like me saying, alright...I want a computer....4 ghz, 1gb of RAM...I've seen on ebay for 300, I want one for 100 where do I go?

i have been looking for one of those for a wile now. only problem is that i have no money for one... i have seen a lot of custom ones where people have gone crazy. the problem with track time is most people do not have vehicles that preform well on tracks, or in my case do not own their own car. if i did i would love to get some track time

Maybe you should consider some track time.

Nothing beats the real thing.

Thats definetly in the plans for my mazda eventually.
But I cant take my car to the track every day after work.

racer (open source sim) supports a clutch and gated shifter as well as a few others. Ive heard even some of the nfs series could support it with a mod. Im not sure why its such a niche product- almost all fast cars are manual transmissions (except for the sequential paddle shift on some race cars)
It really cant be all tha expensive to add a 3rd pedal when you are already making 2.

{PMS}fishy said:
Besides, even if you do find it, what games support a clutch and a gatted shifter?

Many, all the good sims

GTR, Nascar 2003, heck even live for speed.

I've got the ACT labs shifter, the thing is awesome! I'm still looking for a decent three pedal system that isnt made out of gold.

ACT labs no longer makes their wheel/pedal/shifter

Check out Frex. Their site is loaded with this kind of hardware. It is expensive, however. I would probably just stick with your current setup or upgrade your wheel to something like the Driving Force Pro. Just my opinion

BRD

image5.jpg

ECCI

6000_11_m.jpg

FrexGP so far is the only one that offers the complete package you are looking for & offer great products. You can go the route of making your own pedals which a good number of SimRacers prefer to do.

F1Challenge '99-'02 supports Clutch & Gated Shifters(depending on the mod used & PLR Edit) & so does GTR from SimBin. If your into serious Sim Racing send me a PM.

My favorite racing games are
Live for speed, richard burns rally, and GTR.

If you want a force feedback steerin wheel i'd STRONGLY reccomend a Logitech Driving Force pro you can change the lock of the wheel to whatever you want :) . I'm waiting for the Cromo shifter to come out. its a force feedback h shifter. I use my old Driving force pedal for a clutch :p

RBR is a must buy for all racing sim fans.

Back