• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SMBus_WriteByte failed

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

batter

Registered
I am getting this warning when starting cpu-z or speedfan.
Can anyone explain this error?

Bas

Know Nuttin said:
have you installed the motherboard chipset drivers yet?

Yup, this board has been running for the last 1.5 years or so. I noticed this error before but never paid any attention to it since my system has been quite stable for 'normal' use; prime95 however always has had problems and I think it always bitched about this at startup. I just ordered a 2500 mobile and am trying to get some benchmarks etc to compare what I have now with what I hopefully will get in the next few days. This week my system has become unstable when I do CPU/memory extensive stuff (f.e. working with video) and I am wondering if my current cpu or memory is the culprit. If CPU, it is still under warranty.

batter said:
I am getting this warning when starting cpu-z or speedfan.
Can anyone explain this error?

Bas

Just an fyi for those interested; it looks like this happens when there are multiple programs reading the sensors; when I shut down ASUS Probe and then start cpu-z or speedfan, no errors.

Back