• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Kaspersky -v- NOD32

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DuckDodgers

Ok, I just reloaded Nod32 after running the Kaspersky trial version for a week.

I am running WinXP pro sp2, ZA pro, Spyblaster, Adaware SE Plus & Spybot S&D.

I really want to use Kaspersky because of the high accuracy and reviews it gets. But I found it to slow my programs down and tended to lockup some things. Not as bad as Norton but enough to be annoying. So I reloaded NOD32 which gives me little if no grief. Anyone experience the same?

Perosnally no, I used it once like 4 years ago, when kazaa was very big. It worked perfect back then, about 4 months ago though. I saw an artical saying scans took forever. Other then that I have not even heard its name in awhile.

tenchi86 said:
Perosnally no, I used it once like 4 years ago, when kazaa was very big. It worked perfect back then, about 4 months ago though. I saw an artical saying scans took forever. Other then that I have not even heard its name in awhile.

Extremely long scans was something I noticed also. It is too bad that a few problems can take a good program and make it such a pain.

I was the same way as you at first. I wanted to use Kaspersky and I wanted to like it. However, it slowed the HELL out my boot time - there is no way to disable to boot scan that I ever found and their tech support was extremely slow if they ever got back to you at all.

I then tried NOD32 and never looked back. It's caught 4 trojans via the web so far, and NEVER has given me a compatibility issue. Nor have I noticed any sluggishness as I had with KAV. Tech support is extremely responsive.

Go with NOD32 and you won't be dissapointed.

NOD32 was driving me crazy with bittorents, so I quite it, though it was scanning fast.

I got kaspersky I belive latest, scans perty fast, work for me so far. Though this program makes me mad with network message, Waring Helkren Blocked

rcillig said:
go to virus.gr and look at AV tests for April 2005, you can also look at older test from like 2003 on.... Kaspersy is always 1or2... Kapersky is #1 vs NOD 32 #18 case closed.

http://www.virus.gr/english/fullxml/default.asp?id=69&mnu=69

While KAV is ""allegedly"" #1 according to THAT site, 1st hand experience (features, speed, compatibility) put NOD32 at the top of my list.

Regardless, common sense is the best protection. That, combined with even a pretty poor anti-virus (ex. AVG Free) is all that you need to combat most infections. Given that, both NOD and KAV are way more than adequate.

Back