• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PC not booting (Neo2PT)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

@/2ct!<

Yesterday, my PC hard locked during BF2, I heard some horrible electronic shrieking sounds from my headphones before I manually shut off the power. Anyway, today I finally got around to trying to boot my computer but no go. I have no video now, it seemed like something went wrong with video card. However, I also checked the Diag LEDs and they seem to indicate CPU problems as it hangs on 1,4 red and 2,3 green, which supposedly is the processor initialiazation phase. All fans and pumps are working, and all temps seemed to be in reason before the crash. Cpu is 3200+ winchester oc'd to 2.45 and has not been a problem for the 7 monts ive used it. Nothing else is overclocked. Gpu is x800xt. I was thinking about jumping the cmos but Im not sure what that would do and what would be appropriate. Any ideas on what the problem is and how to fix it?

I have gotten that same kind of noise in games when my OC was not stable. I have also gotten it when trying to undervolt my cpu. (My system always restarted afterward) Do you have any parts you can swap out? If you do I'd try a different psu and video card. Also, what was your vcore when all this happened?

I believe my vcore was 1.45 ov8% to 1.566, but it may have been ov 5% to 1.5225. I have not messed with it for some time, I think my OC may have been unstable but I currently cant lower it. I think I may have a geforce2 I could try and swap tomorrow, but no extra PSU. I would hope that my PCPC 510 would not be the problem.

Well I'm sorry to say that it sounds like something died on you. If it's the mobo at least it's in warranty. (These boards don't have a great rep for reliability) I don't know about your other gear. Does anything have that electrical burn smell? You could of had an electrical spike that fried something. Also, once you reset the cmos your vcore would be default. Good luck with it.

Back