• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WD Raptor 16mb 160gig coming?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ZGOZZ

WD Raptor 16mb 160gig coming?

Yes i saw it at the show.

10.000 RPM 160 gig 16mb Raptor
NICE. WD is making a bigger drive means bigger arays.

I want one,
But with problems with the first 74s I fear the these first 160s will be the same.

skotti said:
I want one,
But with problems with the first 74s I fear the these first 160s will be the same.
Problems? Please, the R74 has proven a trouble-free design. This is exactly the sort of misinformation that degrades understanding rather than promoting it.

larva said:
Problems? Please, the R74 has proven a trouble-free design. This is exactly the sort of misinformation that degrades understanding rather than promoting it.

I was refering to the first couple months of them. Back in very early 2004, just after first release, they had a brief history of short life spans and DOA. WD was great, some friends called them amazing, with returns and since then I have not heard one complaint and strongly recommend them to anyone.

Back