• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Tubing questions...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bad ConNecTioN

I currently have 1/2" Clear Flex and since my system is being moved to a smaller case I need something a little more manageable.

Anyone here have experience-using Tygon R-1000 in their water cooling loop? I read of one persons experience where the tubing collapsed, but that was with three pumps in series.

Also, anyone use silicon tubing? The bend radius on silicone tubing is literally half of the equivalent size vinyl tubing. However since no one uses it there must be a drawback...could it perhaps be its low pressure rating?

And one more, its short I promise. Where can I get 7/16ths tubing? I have looked all over Mcmaster.com and I don't see 7/16ths ID tuning anywhere.

Thanks for any help.

Yes, I am aware that thicker wall tubing resists kinking better than thin wall...that is why my clearflex is 1/8th wall. However, I am mainly looking for something that is not as stiff hence my interest in silicon tubing. It’s also why I am going to use smaller diameter tubing.

I appreciate the input, thank you.

Back