• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which s939 agp board? Looking for stability / reliability

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Fighter2a

I am going to build a rig for my friend but he wants to stay agp for money reasons. I want to use a s939 so I can use a 3200 venice. But I want the board that is the best in terms of STABILITY! I don't want him to buy something new and not be able to run the pc without a massive bios overhaul (like my dfi :p ). I want it to be able to take whatever RAM I throw in there and run fine. I'm looking at the boards here (The high end ones): CLICK ME!

I'm sure there must be a lot of people with these boards that can give me some input. Thanks.

I got a Gigabyte GA-K8NS Ultra. Socket 939 and stable as heck. AGP too, running 250x11 with 1.55vcore no problems at all.

No board is going to be perfect, but if he's going to run at stock speeds the K8N Neo2 Platinum is a good board. I haven't had any problems with my board at all since I got it. (Knocks on wood...) I'm using some no-name value ram that isn't "supported" according to the K8N's support website, but it's rock-stable. On the other hand the board is an ageing design. If I was to get another board that was AGP, it would be an MSI or DFI....leaning towards the DFI though. (The K8N Neo2 Platinum deals with %overvolts. This means that you have to bring out the calculator to find out what % overvolt and what VID you want to use to get a certain voltage.)

I can't remember the manufacturer, but there is a board (I'm sure that there's more than one version of these...) that has both AGP and PCI-E. I have no idea how they perform though, but if they're good it might be something to look into. It will make upgrading later much cheaper. ;)

apu318 said:
Click Here.

As mentioned in the other thread(s), I'd go with the DFI Lanparty NF3 Ultra-D.

I searched "s939 agp" and "939 agp" with a whole 3 topics and nothing what I wanted. Maybe you could use your high level search skills to tell me better words to type in. More opinions please
. :)

Neo2 or K8NS Ultra. Don't get the DFI NF3 Ultra-D. It's immature BIOS, booting issues with different ram config's, and other issues need to be worked out and at this point nothing is really happening.

DFI Lanparty NF3 Ultra-D.

thats the board i would go ...I just like the way it supports and then you can upgrade that one when you go dual core

Back