• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCZ 520watt POWER or MOD Stream?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

VioLent

Registered
As the thread asks... which would be a better buy? I don't know exactly what to look for in a PSU, but I know I want one of these bad boys. But I have no clue on which one would be better suited for my system that I'm building probably this friday.

3700+ SD 939 (getting this for $245 from my neighbor!!!!)
DFI SLI-DR
*Kingston Hyperx pc4000
(still looking for a good case)
Maxtor 16mb 160g
*x850xtpe (temp card going to get a 7800gtx and maybe go dual next year)

The ones with a * next to them I already have.

Powerstream, Its more powerful than the modstream one ..

i would spend little more bucks for the powerstream due to the rails and all of that ...

Well they are both great; PowerStream has a little more punch but ModStream has modular cables if you care about clean looking system and I have one myself, its awsome.

The Powerstream has superior (independant) regulation and a whole lot more 12V output than the Modstream. No comparison here, if powering a PC is the goal, the Powerstream is vastly superior.

RedDragonXXX said:
Do 520W PowerStream have adjustable rails like 600W?

They all have that feature, even the discontinued 470w - Topower offered it as an OEM option for the whole P6 line, and OCZ jumped all over it ;)

Back