• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

STASIS Production Upgrades - Delrin is in the air...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

consumer9000

Former STASIS Guy
Now that we're ramping up to machine Delrin components for our forthcoming watercooling products, some of our aircooled products are enjoying the trickle down benefits! :santa:

The shrouds for the venerable STASIS IceStorm NV43AGP are seeing a serious upgrade. Before, they were handmade from two pieces of Lexan. Now, they are milled from a solid piece of Delrin (yes, it's expensive... :shrug: ) for vastly greater uniformity.

Though not made of Delrin, the shrouds on the NV6800 line are now CNC'ed from 6061 aluminum plate instead of Lucite, another incremental, albeit costly upgrade.

Attachments

• NV6600GT Delrin Shroud R1.jpg
    NV6600GT Delrin Shroud R1.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 682
Heh, you really do a lot to have the best coolers on market.
Too bad that NV43 cooler would be pretty pricy comparing to cost of my 6200.

CCUABIDExORxDIE said:
that nv43 cooler is worth every penny, but i dunno if it will fit on your card, cause of the regular tsop ram vs bga ram.
Oh thanks, I've forgotten about it. Anyway I've already ordered BOX LGA775 cooler for modding.
(sorry for threadjacking)

that delrin shroud looks SWEET matt! the clear looked good, but the seems were kinda iffy looking, but one solid piece is gonna be awesome! you keep coming out with better and better stuff that looks great.

why bother machining that huge peice from a solid chunk of delrin... i can see that its delrin, and delrin is bragging rights, but its not cost effective worth a squat - i'd stick to making it outta acrylic or doing it the same way as with acrylic but delrin

and also, the fan shroud on the other cooler, an octagonal shape or square w/ rounded corners has been proven to provide less air resistance than a perfectly circular hole (just pointing this out - there was a thread a little while ago on this topic)

Sure, from a cost effectiveness standpoint Delrin is a poor choice. However none of my products are cost effective. Do you think I actually make money at this? :bang head

Tooling up for Delrin waterblock production meant getting some setup work done and what better part to do than the otherwise time consuming and inconsistant Lexan NV43AGP shroud. Making it by hand simply doesn't delivery the quality or efficiency I want.
Sure, I could mill it out of PVC or Styrene if I wanted to cut costs - I may do this later on once the Delrin production is in full swing. For now, it's simply a nice upgrade for anyone who's ordered a unit in the last few weeks. :thup:

As for the round hold in the aluminum shroud - it is oversized enough that it doesn't play a major role in the pressure drop. The dense fins do a good enough job of creating turbulence and resistance that such a change would produce no tangible results.

Anyway, back to work...the new waterblocks will be utilizing the jet crossflow impingement, the latest development in liquid cooling. If you haven't already seen the article check out the thread in the WC forum. :cool:

How do you expect to stay in business if you aren't making money? Hoping that you'll be able to ramp up sales and send parts to more places?

Well, the way I see it is I might as well share my resources as a machinist with other fellow enthusiasts. My goal is to address any shortcomings in the available range of products and fill those gaps with a better alternative.
As with any business venture (aside from drug dealing) you will likely have to bleed money for awhile to build up a customer base and reputation. Slowly but surely I feel this goal is being accomplished. With the next line of products I hope to expand into new markets and enlarge my customer base so that the business can at least sustain itself if not turn a profit.
Making things in the US out of high quality components will never be cost effective, but I feel it's the way to go if I want to help out the community and do what I love. :thup:

and then you can out source like MicroSoft and make BOO KOO money. :D

I ordered one of these on Sat i dont know how long it takes him to ship but ill let everyone know how it runs when i get it.

Lotec

I got mine today. All i can say is Sweet Mary. I went from 65 to 41. Clocks went up to 465/1.19 I still have to flash it to Ultra Bios. This thing is Awsome.

Lotec

now we just need the 7800gtx coolers .. temped to get the zalman right now .. someone over at hardforum temps went from 55c idle to 39c and load temps from 80c to 61c overclocked :)

i actually looked at the zalman. The only problem i am seeing with this kit is one thing. The Heat Sinks. The Thermal tape STINKS. 2 of them fell off hit my audio card. So looks like ill have to pull it back out tommorow and use the old Glue Gun.

Lotec

Too bad the shroud on my 6600 cooler is grinding up against the fan so i had to tear it off in order for the hsf to work :(

Voodoo Rufus said:
How do you expect to stay in business if you aren't making money? Hoping that you'll be able to ramp up sales and send parts to more places?

Cathar who made the best waterblocks on the planet bar none also made little if any money on his products. Swiftech bought the rights to the Storm product, now Cathar has probably made a few sheckles for his troubles.

Perhaps the same would happen to consumer9000 when his competition realizes, If you can't beat em, buy em :shrug:

Silversinksam said:
Cathar who made the best waterblocks on the planet bar none also made little if any money on his products. Swiftech bought the rights to the Storm product, now Cathar has probably made a few sheckles for his troubles.

Perhaps the same would happen to consumer9000 when his competition realizes, If you can't beat em, buy em :shrug:

Heh, that's just how market works :/ No idea if that's good or bad. Anyway it might result in less problems for Cathar and better prices and accessibility for customers.

Back