• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ATI X850XT PE concern

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OnFire_SE

Registered
Hi there,

I currently have an Ati X850XT PE in my system and its been running great. I havent got a 24/7 overclock yet as dont need it but it has benched fine at 600/600 clocks.

Anyway the problem I have is I booted up the computer the other day it the screen from post all the way into windows was full of corruption. No pics sorry but once in Windows I have about 4 lines going down the screen about 1.5 inchs thick.

I rebooted and it when away and hasnt happening since but just concerned at way it would do this or is it on the way out. Its only 1 month old.

Any comments on what you think?

Was the card OC'd when this happened?
Occasionally my vicards show garbeled stuff up for a sec or so when booting into Windows - but disappear immediately.
I'd say nothing to worry about unless it was a permanent state.

OnFire_SE said:
Hi there,

I currently have an Ati X850XT PE in my system and its been running great. I havent got a 24/7 overclock yet as dont need it but it has benched fine at 600/600 clocks.

Anyway the problem I have is I booted up the computer the other day it the screen from post all the way into windows was full of corruption. No pics sorry but once in Windows I have about 4 lines going down the screen about 1.5 inchs thick.

I rebooted and it when away and hasnt happening since but just concerned at way it would do this or is it on the way out. Its only 1 month old.

Any comments on what you think?

Sometimes a card doesn't initialize the memory correctly at power up and you can get display corrution issues from boot on. Just hit the reset button on the magic box so the card can reinitialize itself.

Viper

Thanks for the help guys. The card wasnt overclocked at the time and I reckon ViperJohn suggestion seems reasonable cos a reset cleared it up. Still not happened since so all should be ok.

OnFire_SE said:
Thanks for the help guys. The card wasnt overclocked at the time and I reckon ViperJohn suggestion seems reasonable cos a reset cleared it up. Still not happened since so all should be ok.

One thing I left out was while it is normal for this to happen every once in a while if it starts happening regularly/frequently it would indicate an RAM'able card issue.

Viper

ViperJohn said:
Sometimes a card doesn't initialize the memory correctly at power up and you can get display corrution issues from boot on. Just hit the reset button on the magic box so the card can reinitialize itself.

Viper
yep had that happen a couple times with mine reboot does the trick :)

Back