• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thinking of purchasing an AA8XE and some questions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JustinGB

Registered
Yeah i'm thinking about purchasing this motherboard to pair up w/ my p4 2.8ghz HT and 1g(256mb x 4) ddr2 ram, cl 3.

I do not have any experience overclocking, and this will be my first try. What kind of results should I expect? I also plan on staying on aircooling. Also, are there other boards that would better suit me? I will be reading up on a how to oc.. if you guys have any tips for me it would be appreciated.

what chip set you have ? the 478 or what ?

if you have the 478, get IS7 or IC-7 Motherboard from ABIT, those are a beast and best overclocking board for those chipset ...

The AA8XE is a great mobo, I have been very happy with mine. Check out my little O/C guide for the AA8XE.

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=360202

How far you can overclock will depend on the stepping of your processor and the quality of cooling.

Air cooling is fine if you get a decent heatsink and have plenty of case ventilation (see the links in my signature for cooling ideas).

A reasonable goal would be 3.6 to 3.8 gig. If you have good cooling and luck out with an E0 stepping, maybe more.

Back