• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Pls help me with ut sli-dr

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

madhatR

i cant get stable .. im running stock speeds .. no overclocking ..

my specs are in my sig .. when i finally think im running stable .. i just get random reboots .. etc

pls help me .. im running the 5-10 -2 fix bios

Take a look at the sticky at the top of this forum. It will give you an idea of what needs to be set and where in regards to the memory. So many of the settings effect the stability of the ram so it will take some tinkering, which is not an understatement. I suggest you set them at the most stable choice and tighten from there. If you cant even boot up into windows start with making sure you have 1T timming disabled and put your memory at 166mhz. This should at least get you runinnin'.

Also take a look at this guide that someone posted in another thread:

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11397

Good luck

my problem is setting up the ram .. its just beyond frustrating .. i can mem test all day long at 300mhz or 9x275 or wutever .. but ill boot into windows then it reboots ..

It could be that something is underpowered. The Ram, the Chip, the video card??? Could it be your power supply cant handle it?

ive seem to get semi stable now tweaking some settings ..

madhatR said:
ive seem to get semi stable now tweaking some settings ..

I take that your ram is BH-5/6 or CH due to your choice of the bios revision (-2 is BH and CH ram, if your RAM is TCCD you may want to try the 5/10 -1 or -3). If you cant seem to get it stable, try the 6/23/05 bios, they finally released the final of 6/23, no beta. If that doesnt work, try the 7/04 -2, thats what Im using, and I have finally gotten it stable with no reboots or system hangs. Hope this helps.

oops i mean -3 .. i have tccd .. gskill le ..

right now i flashed to 6/23-1 i think or -3 dont remember .. but right now im running at 9x275 with no problems .. super pi runs fine .. same with mem test .. prime ran for about 4 hours or so and errored out .. but i have never successfully had prime 95 run on any system for some reason .. been gaming with it and everything and no problems so far .. i was running 10x260 for awhile .. but it crashed after about an hour or 2 of gaming .. prolly need better cooling ..

quick question .. whenever i would get a system hang or crash .. it would just hang detecting my sata hds .. it would detect the first 2 right away .. and after 2 mins it would continue to boot .. but one of my hds would not show up .. any ideas on that ??

madhatR said:
oops i mean -3 .. i have tccd .. gskill le ..

right now i flashed to 6/23-1 i think or -3 dont remember .. but right now im running at 9x275 with no problems .. super pi runs fine .. same with mem test .. prime ran for about 4 hours or so and errored out .. but i have never successfully had prime 95 run on any system for some reason .. been gaming with it and everything and no problems so far .. i was running 10x260 for awhile .. but it crashed after about an hour or 2 of gaming .. prolly need better cooling ..

quick question .. whenever i would get a system hang or crash .. it would just hang detecting my sata hds .. it would detect the first 2 right away .. and after 2 mins it would continue to boot .. but one of my hds would not show up .. any ideas on that ??

Hmmm....I dont use SATA's but I seem to remember hearing about problems with overclocking with SATA HDD's, might have been when they were in raid but Im not sure. This board is very picky so patience is a virtue. Since you have 2 sata's i take it your raiding no? If not I dont know what to tell you on that, except to keep on tweaking that thing, and make sure you disable any integrated hardware that you dont use. Hope that helps.

i have 3 sata hds .. im not running raid .. they are all run off the non raid sata ports .. 1-4 .. not 5-8 .. i havent even begin to check out what i need to disable in terms of intergrate4d hardware ... thanks for the help guys

Back