• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Oh please help me make up my mind!!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

johny503

Registered
Ok, Im sorry but it's now a dilema and I pretty much made up my mind and pretty much can't decide :bang head I have about 115 bucks if I sell my rig, I can hop on the 64 platform with the ultra d and venice 3000 for around 200 bucks with a net cost upgrade for 85 bucks. The thing is I have to get a pci E card. Or I can just get a dfi 250gb UT nf3 and athlon 64 3000 for around 160 and cost about 40 for upgrade and don't have to worry about pciE card and later on the 754 cpu are dropping too and so is the AGP cards. 939 chips could fall more later and also PCIE but Im not sure, but I can sell my current card for another 50 bucks and get a good pciE card but not sure which model or spend more to get a good one.

Well, sorry you guys for asking but what do you think :bang head

Last edited:
Thanks, it's 40 bucks more and probably another $100 for a good pciE card, but I guess it's worth it. Is it :santa: :bang head Now hope you see where Im coming from :bang head

You mean you don't have a tree in your back yard that grows money? I have two twenty's bushes and one hundred's tree. My only problem is keeping my neighbors out od the yard.:)

Yeah I'm with rseven on this one, if you buy 754 you're only digging yourself into a hole, why upgrade to an obsolete socket to put it blundly? You might as well upgrade to the future concious route and get the goods now. Not to mention 754 was decidedly a budget socket, it didn't even support dual-channel ram. :rolleyes: Reap the new feature of s939 bud :)

Ok...I think I will go the 939 way. I plan to pick up a refurb ultra d but not sure if I will get the sound card suppose to go with the board. Anyone got a refurb one with the sound card in it??

Back