• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What hardware store item is most used for a tline

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

huey

I was wondering, what part i could get for my fillport that i could locate and buy at my hardware store. Btw i will be having logs of everything once i am finished. I am mounting everything internally in my small *** midtower.

Yeah no kidding, but i am looking for more specific parts/parts numbers. I went to lowes last night and they did not even have a tline plastic piece, all they had was metal.

If I were to go back to using a T, I'd use a 1/2" copper tee for copper pipe.

1/2" pipe is actually 5/8" OD, so it would be a snug fit requiring boiling water to make the tubing flexible enough to get on it. But it would be a darned tight fit and the large inside diameter wouldn't harm flowrates and would help bleed the system faster.
It's also more compact for them tight cases.

Just a thought.

Oh, a 3/8" copper pipe fitting would be 1/2" ID for an easier time getting the tubes on, and they are at Lowe's and HD.

Ok, so now that i got the lowdown on the actual t part,what about the cap/bleeding system?

At Lowes or Home Depot, the best I've seen is the quick disconnect type inline couplers with a valve. Other than that, order a $10 fillport off FrozenCPU.

My local ACE hardware carries plastic 5/8" 3 way tees which are perfect for t-lines (1/2" id), or Lowe's carries these brass Questpex 3/4" tees that actually measure 5/8" OD 1/2" ID and work great also. Although the 1/2" copper t Diggrr mentions will work, it is a lot easier getting 1/2" hose over a 5/8" barb.

For the cap, just get a 5/8" barb with 3/4" threads and get a threaded hose cap (both in garden hose section at Lowe's or Ace). Run the t-line up, put on the barb, and screw on the cap.

Ok, so heres the plan, i found a plastic t at lowe's and picked it up along with a barb+cap.

Now, i am having trouble getting the air out of my system. But i will leave that to a different thread/search.

It's just as simple as rocking the case back and forth and all around and getting as much water in it as you can and then letting it run. It can take days to get most of the little air bubbles out.

It's best to put in on the pump inlet just so that you don't run the pump dry while filling/bleeding. A t-line will work anywhere that you put it. It does however work faster if it is at the top of the loop.

OK, i am going to post a picture of what i have going already within a few hours, because i think i did something wrong. . .:(

Back