• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mobo for business (running 24/7, heavy math)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

aguu

Hello, I am new to these forums so I apologize if I am not following protocol.
I am building a computer based largely on CPU performance (not memory or hard disk) that will be running statistical models through Excel and 3rd party software 24/7. I need a strong, reliable motherboard. So far, I'm getting:

AMD X2 4400+
1 GB Corsair DDR3200

A motherboard with an integrated graphics card and/or integrated NIC would be phenomenal. Thank you all for your help.

First point, I wouldn't overclock. If the problems/models are nonlinear then I would want to run a 64-bit OS and software, otherwise with 32-bit you'll want double precision within the models.

For a board (realizing that beauty is in the eye of the beholder) I would tend to go with Asus or MSI. I prefer the nForce4 chipset based boards and most of those with which I'm aware will have a built in NIC. I would use PCI-E graphics, not AGP.

The boards preferred by overclockers will work too but you don't need a board built to push the extremes. You want one that'll run ROCK solid stable.

Last edited:
Back