• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Burned Circuit on R9100

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LookAS_CR

Registered
Hi, i`ve found my old graphic card Palit/Daytona R9100 128MB which doesn`t work due to my fault. There is a burned circuit which has burned out because i had broken a capacitor next to it.
This is the other working circuit on the other side of PCB.
Could somebody tell me if this circuit can be replaced with something similar? I cannot get this one anywhere.
thx

you could buy the same IC from a supplier and replace it, and be sure to get a cap i nthere replaced so it dont happen again. it looks like you tried to Vmod the card? might be cause for problems. if you get a new one, use a soldering iron to heat the pads on one side and use an xacto knife to lift that side, then heat the others and it shold come off. dont pull on it too hard, might rip up traces on the board. then clean up the solder pads, set the new one up and heat the legs one at a time and they should stick and make contact and be working. hope this works out for ya.

Back