• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

server

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lotec25

Hello,

I have a small server set up in my house. I just have music and crap stored on it so that i can get it to.

What i am woundering is there a program that i can use to view it so that i can remove the monitor from it? I want to be able to start stop reboot. delete etc etc without me haveing to touch the computer. Hope this makes sense I just want to be able to use my main computer i am allways on. Or my laptop that i am on to be able to view the screen on the sever. The server is running XP same with the other computers. Thanks for the help guys.

Lotec

Mr_Fuchs said:
how do you use ultra vnc to start it up

i think that would involve the Wake On lan feature that many newer lan cards have, it seems like this should give you all the info needed for this http://www.annoyances.org/exec/show/article04-101 and if you need more just feed google "Wake on LAN how to" and i'm sure there will also be more pages on how to set that part up, but VNC won't be able to do that

*note you will need to make sure your card has WOL*

ok i download it but do i just install it on my main computer? I can usually figure things out but the config does not make alot of sense to me

Lotec

RDC which is built into Windows XP Pro, 2000 Server, and 2003 Server and is in my opinion better than VNC for Windows boxes.

Sorry i forgot to update this last night. VNC was preety easy to install and then i restarted the computer and TA DA. It worked Great program now i can take the monitor off and hide it in the back of my closet. Thanks for the program guys.

Lotec

Lotec25 said:
Sorry i forgot to update this last night. VNC was preety easy to install and then i restarted the computer and TA DA. It worked Great program now i can take the monitor off and hide it in the back of my closet. Thanks for the program guys.

Lotec

your actual rig specs arent posted but if it can do dual monitors you should think about taking that monitor out of hiding and on your desktop of your main rig, then you could run a nice dual monitor setup (space permitting), right now i use 3 but may have to go down to either 2 or possibly 1.......

Back