• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cannot Install Windows XP

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

erdons

Well im building a computer for someone on a real tight budget.

Asrock K7VM3
AMD Sempron 2200+
512MB Crucial PC2700 Ram
80 GB WD800BB
Old Case with a 300 Watt PSU

HD is primary Master
CDRW is secondary Master

When i put in the Windows xp it starts to boot from cd then the screen just goes black and the windows xp install never starts. I have tried switching the hd to cable select, changing it to the secondary ide, i dont know what else to try, i just cant get the windows xp install started.

yup i did that already a couple of times, any other suggestions??? :)

Yup tried another cd drive already, dont have raid enabled, using original windows xp home edition with sp2. Im not overclocking its at 333mhz fsb running at 1500mhz. I even tried going to 266mhz fsb and still a no go, im suspecting that the mobo may be bad.

It seems like it posts correctly, it only gives one beep when i turn it on.

Its possible that junkly old PSU is not able to keep up with that system. Does the system stay on for a bit if you don't load the xp install disk (like go to the bios screen and let it sit there? If it stays on long enough that can buy you some time to measure the rails on that PSU.

Back