• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Philips 30PF9946D

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

goodolarchie

Lets just say I have the opportunity to get this monitor at a very good deal, and its not stolen. :p

with the supported resolution of 1024x768... it may not look that great. Isn't there a good chance my videocard can be fooled into outputting a 1080i signal as a second monitor? I'm hoping it will double good as a gaming television. If it's too slow I can always take it back. Vid is a x850xtPE atm.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1487616&Tab=2&NoMapp=0

Does it support DVI ? Most LCD TV's dont look too great if you hook them up with just a 15 pin sub-D cable.

How good of a deal ? Hehe, Tiger Direct left there truck open good ? Lol...

Well I ended up with the TV :santa:
10014032kw.jpg

I'm waiting on getting a DVI female --> HDMI Male cable delivered to me (probably next week), then I can get it in 1920x1080 / 1080i. This is a UXGA setting, I believe. No HDTV at my house yet, but it looks fantastic in 420p, normal cable, and at the highest setting i could give it with svga - was like 1650x1050 or something. It looked a little wierd so I thought I'd wait until I got the HD adapter for it. Will post some screens once I get HD in!

BTW, the deal was about $1100.

goodolarchie said:
then I can get it in 1920x1080 / 1080i.
And the point of that would be? The native res of the lcd is 1280 x 768, so thats what you should be feeding it. Otherwise the signal has to be resampled/scalled. Resampling and scalling shoudl be avoided as it degrades image quality most of the time.

Back