• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The new Windows name will be...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Trombe said:
.... Longhorn was better. Still not ever going to buy it.

Me too.

lordkosc said:
I havent' even bought windows XP yet!

Don't, it was probably the worst Windows OS yet, and I know from experience. I can just imagine what Windows Vista will be like. Probably track your every move and send it back to Microsoft so they can make statistics out of it, or send it to spyware companies to make your life even more of a living hell.

Last edited:
:)
"A video is available at Microsoft's website, showing two unnamed and disturbingly enthusiastic middle aged men (one of them's a cowboy) teasing the audience with a sneak preview of Windows Vista. A tip to Microsoft: it's not a good idea to start your videos with blue screens."
"In a world of more to do and more to discover, the desire is clarity," says the video. Actually, I think the desire is more for something reliable that doesn't require a monstrous supercomputer to run.
µ
http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=24845

Don't, it was probably the worst Windows OS yet, and I know from experience. I can just imagine what Windows Vista will be like. Probably track your every move and send it back to Microsoft so they can make statistics out of it, or send it to spyware companies to make your life even more of a living hell.

How can you say Windows XP is the worst? I think the exact opposite.

WOW, that video is amazing. (yeah, thats sarcasm) A preview video that tells you absolutely nothing about the product except for the name. Good Marketing :thup: I really hope that this is not just XP with a new gui.

ps. I'm with you BrutalDrew, I think XP is the best Windows OS so far, except for Microsoft Bob.

windows is windows who the hell cares the only decent thing that was in longhorn was the database style file system which they ditched. so now its just xp with a better gui.

Im so so so so so sorry

:D

windowsvista2.png

So OK, ha-ha, but what are the actual privacy issues alluded to in the jokes, there's probably an article or two out there on the topic, any links?

When Longhorn was in early stages there was talk of intrusive changes but then it was also said that MS will probably end up dropping these when the final version is released, what's the latest on that now that Beta is almost here...

Also, I guess they kept the word 'Windows' and there was also talk about dropping that to get around legal issues when they agreed that 'Windows will no longer [insert one of the many lawsuit settlement stipulations here]...'

P.S. Can you imagine a rival OS coming out of the wood work, releasing a consumer OS and running a massive Terminator Ad campaign laser-blowing MS up in smoke: "Hasta la Vista, baby!"

Last edited:
c627627 said:
P.S. Can you imagine a rival OS coming out of the wood work, releasing a consumer OS and running a massive Terminator Ad campaign laser-blowing MS up in smoke: "Hasta la Vista, baby!"

That would be awesome, but I agree with ShadowPho. I would either be Linux (and thats not real likely), Apple (slightly more likely, or Google OS (if they ever do develop one, which is absolutely unlikely). I would bet on Apple doing a campaign like that, but personally I don't think they have the balls or the stock share to do so and even if they do I don't see what benefit they would attain by wrangling with MS at this point. Its anyones guess, but seems such an obvious choice doesn't it.

c627627 said:

That would be awesome, but I agree with ShadowPho. I would either be Linux (and thats not real likely), Apple (slightly more likely, or Google OS (if they ever do develop one, which is absolutely unlikely). I would bet on Apple doing a campaign like that, but personally I don't think they have the balls or the stock share to do so and even if they do I don't see what benefit they would attain by wrangling with MS at this point. Its anyones guess, but seems such an obvious choice doesn't it.

Last edited:

I said I never "bought it" doesnt mean I don't have and or use it! :p

ZhengHe said:
Don't, it was probably the worst Windows OS yet

No, I would have to say XP is the best Windows yet. But that's not saying much! It's about time MS released a new Windows, even though we'll all be screaming "DEVIL'S SPAWN!" first time we have to use it.

Personaly I would ditch Windoze in a second, as I'm sure many would do, if there was an alternate that supported Windoze programs, being that the biggest percentage of programs (ie games, hehe) need Windoze.

V - ery
I - rritating
S - oftware
T
A

Hmm, got to finish it....

Back