• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P4C800-E dlx- in BIOS, is it better to enable Plug&Play O/S or not?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Duster

Hi.

In the BIOS, there is the setting (Plug & play O/S- YES/NO).Is it better to set this to yes or no when installing Win XP?

IE does Win XP or the BIOS do the best job?

Thanks.............

Set it to ( Plug & play) , and yes the OS will do the rest . :)

Hey Europe this is Greece calling , were are you from ?

Kiriakos said:
Set it to ( Plug & play) , and yes the OS will do the rest . :)

Hey Europe this is Greece calling , were are you from ?

Hi Greece calling, :cool:
Thanks for reply.
I'll set it over to plug and play next time I reformat, as it's set to "no" at the moment.

I'm an English guy, living in the south of Germany.

Duster said:
Hi Greece calling, :cool:
Thanks for reply.
I'll set it over to plug and play next time I reformat, as it's set to "no" at the moment.

I'm an English guy, living in the south of Germany.

Oh NOW .. you do not need to reformat , just set it to (plug and play) .. :)

i found better stability with it left at no, by setting yes you allow windows to asign the IRQ settings to each peice of hardware as it wants to, i went from no to yes and i started to have hardware confilts and windows got confused. I don't think there is any advantage to setting it to use yes.

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the good replys.

At the moment, it's set to "NO", and my AGP video card is sharing an IRQ with USB, do you think this is a problem?

Thanks.....

In any sellection as NO or Yes , you need to reinstall all your drivers from the begining ..

Like Video card , sound , or what ever extra you got .

The Systems hardware resorces , are controled by the OS , and there is nothing for you to do in there . ( USB - COM Ports - etc etc )

Back