• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A400 LE TDH good for oc?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
well from what I understand you can unlock 4 pipes, so I believe they can oc pretty well

Welcome to the forums, hope you stay a while

I thought I ready somewhere in the nVidia section they can be flashed to Ultras...?

ziggo0 said:
I thought I ready somewhere in the nVidia section they can be flashed to Ultras...?

:drool: no.... will that be stable? or safe?

ice87 said:
:drool: no.... will that be stable? or safe?

nah, its not flashable to ultra.

You're thinkin of the first 6800LE. The first 6800LE was Limited Edition. it was a failed ultra. It was dumbed down to a 6800, but kept the Ultra PCB (with 2 molexes) and the ultra heatsink.

These card will probably do 370/800 with the stock cooler/volts and 12v6 or maybe 16v6 enabled. Get some great cooling and volts through these cards and you could be looking at a 430/820 16v6 beast

OK. I had a look at some guides and theres something I dont understand. When they use rivatuner to unlock the shaders and pipelines, how do they work out the numbers? i'm guessing "Pixel unit" are the shaders and "Vertex unit" are the pipelines, if anyone can verify this, that'll be great. But even if i guessed it right, the numbers still dont add up. In the first picture how can that be 8/4 and in the second thats supposed to be 16/6, but it still doesnt make sense. so... help this dumbass out, please.

http://www.doomedpc.com/drupal-4.5.2/?q=/node/9

The new le's all appear to be unlocking succesfull to 16/6

I bought one as a replacement for my dead 6800gt..

£88 in UK..

Unlocked using rivatuner, clocked to 405/800 .. and for reasons unknown am scoring higher than my GT :)

Awesome card for the money ..

-Webzta

the 16 represents the pipes and the 6 represents vertex shaders , mine unlocked fine to 16/6 from 12/4 , i hope i said that right anyway

mine was about the same as yours its a leadtek a400 tdh, the only difference i seen when buying was the fact that mine clocked 325/700 instead of 300/700.

mine over clocked to 380/850 no problemand scored 11,400 on 3d03

i would post a link to it but newegg doesnt carry it any more

if you look here http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=364465 and follow it step by step and link by link you cant mess up ,i had no clue what i was doing and the directions worked fine

just my luck i got mine for 280 right before the price plumet,hehe, now i could get a gt for that

Last edited:
Unlocking and OCing success is always luck of the draw with any brand.

Many bought the Leadtek 6800LE when it was sale at New Egg for $135 last week.
From the responces over at XS so far it seems the success rate is about usual - around 40-50%.

Back