• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Strange Time between checkpoint.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AlabamaCajun

On Linux (Fedora 4) I've noticed one rig started a 1477 and was checkpointing at 15 min intervals. When it got to about 70% it started taking a half hour then as it got to 80% it took longer. By 95% it was checkpointing every 4-5 hours and seemed to stay on 96%. I killed the process and restarted and it checkpointed at 97% within 3 mins don't know how long before 98%
What is this?

portorock said:
With me, no matter what I have the checkpoint set to it will always save at 15min
I'll have to look but the actual checkpoint is every 15 but I misspoke a little there. This is on a console and it reports every percentage that it is checkpointing and moving to a new set of frames. On a console version I believe that you have to set verbose mode high than default to see the timed checkpoints.

It's roughly 9.5 hours later and it's still running 5+ hours between the percentage change. I just have'nt noticed this before. The machine is solid, unlike my P4 which started rebooting last week and will hopefully restart it Monday.

P1477 is very bandwidth intensive. If any other process is running, using cpu cycles and bandwidth, it could slow FAH significantly. Which rig are you running p1477 on?

ChasR said:
P1477 is very bandwidth intensive. If any other process is running, using cpu cycles and bandwidth, it could slow FAH significantly. Which rig are you running p1477 on?
It's running on the A64 3200+ Winnie with no other processes. This rig is used only once in a while otherwise it folds. It's running linux, not oced and is solid as a rock.

ChasR said:
Thermal Throttling?
I took throttling into account but it's a winnie with a heatpipe HS that I can't get to go above 48C. What I did find out was that the fah was only running at 5% WTH. I also noticed that the fans were running on low meaning the system was not under load. I checked processes and nothing was running. This system has been folding for weeks with no know issues. I did recently add a video card to start doing some work but the drivers won't load so that project has been abandoned. Anyway I rebooted the system and restarted folding and it's now running at 100% with fans running. I'm not sure what going on, I've had events on 3 rigs this weekend. I just finished restablizing my P4, my A3000 started acting up and won't run prime with the settings I had been running since june when it first primed. All in all just a bad weekend.

Back