• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cheap VIVO Card.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rashly

im gonna be doing some video editing and i need a cheap, but good(yeah, its an oxymoron, but u know what i mean) PCI card for video in and video out. what features should i be looking for, and i dont need one for display to a monitor. ill probably be using windows movie maker(the one that came with me) to edit it, because i heard it was decent and i allready have it. so, if any1 has an suggestions, im open to it. thanks.

Well, first of all, Windows Movie maker sucks big time. It loks ok if you're running a movie in 120x100 resolution but enlarge it and it looks bad. I'd recommend MGI VideoWave 3 or 4 - much better, more options. I got VideoWave3 for $20 at CompUSA last fall, I think they may still have it.

As far as video cards, I know you're looking for a PCI board, but Office Max has a ATi Rage Fury Pro VIVO for $49.99. I bought one on impulse but returned it when I decided I needed the cash for my cell phone bill. Otherwise, you can use an add-in ATi TV Wonder ($80) that uses the same codecs and capture software. I have one, and while I can't get it to play nice with my GeForce, it's still a nice card.

Anyway, my two Lincolns.

SickBoy

ATI RAGE FURRY PRO
has VIVO, picked on up for someone a few weeks back and only cost $110 CDN (or $50 USD)

I would say more than $50 US

You can buy the fury vivo for $95 in Vancouver BC.

cisco kid:D

Back