• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Board Squeels..Why ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

diehrd

Senior SMP Gawd
DFI SLI DR ..When I put it under load it squeels and it appears to come from the heatsinks and voltage chips next to procesor..

I thought it was my raptor but it for sure is main board..Any one ever hear this issue before.. :bang head :shrug:

diehrd said:
DFI SLI DR ..When I put it under load it squeels and it appears to come from the heatsinks and voltage chips next to procesor..

I thought it was my raptor but it for sure is main board..Any one ever hear this issue before.. :bang head :shrug:

I heard a Dell Laptop make squeeling sounds from the board itself when it was under load... then again that laptop was thrown away after it took a dive into some beer and it was revived when it was submerged in rubbing alcohol for several days and dried for a week or two...

I don't think you did something similar to your main board, so I don't know how my experience relates...

Well I have ram at 2T But chip at 2700 at 1.6 v core for it to run stable at that speed.Was testing chips top stable speeds by removing ram from the mix

And even when i open a web page I am getting a fast squeel ..I guess it sounds like a dog whistle before it hits ultrasonic ....Extreamly short if i open a folder or web page but constant almost when at full load..

What is a common temp for the PWMIC..I am idle at 51c and load to 73c..To me thats sorta nuts ! ! !

Are you sure it's not the chipset fan? I have only had my DFI board for about 3weeks and i have already noticed the chipset fan sqeeling a few times on startup.

hmmm well I would hate to unplug it and find out..Whats funny is it happens every time i ask the system to do something and the processor usage increases even a tiny bit.

It sounds like some portion of the motherboard is operating at a frequency in the audible range(20HZ - 20kHZ). The powersupply for my laptop rings when it is plugged in.

It is not the fan on the chipset for sure,,It is the voltage chips by processor..I am at 2.7 gigs loaded and I get a quant noise from them..Nice, just want I wanted when I water cooled a main board that whistles at me LMAO...

diehrd said:
What is a common temp for the PWMIC..I am idle at 51c and load to 73c..To me thats sorta nuts ! ! !
i agree!! :eek:

ive got a TT SFII that cools my mem (mem MOSFET) and also hits the CPU fet's HS some....idle around 29C, load: 39C
(not in a case, in a COLD (68F) basement...click on "water cooled" link in sig for screen shots of idle/load)

either you have horrible airflow (which i HIGHLY doubt) or the HS's have CRAPPY contact...(RMA time)

GOOD LUCK!!

I put a fan over it, and now it stays about 48c at load which is not to bad...

I know there are some issues with capacitors, and a few other components making noise. I believe there are few discussions going on about it at www.badcaps.net. Good luck.

- Jim

I belive this may be coil noise. Its pretty common in power supplies but can happen with motherboards as well.

I think it is getting less and less as time passes....Thank god

Back