• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

finding lastest driver for x800xl

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DSM4Life

The ati page to me is confusing . I wanted to know if this driver is the lastest for this card for XP. Card ATi x800 XL Driver Version: 6.14.10.6512 Date: 2/1/2005 :shrug:

and from what i can tell the 5.7 drivers are very good, i got a decent boost in perfromance when i went from the omega drivers to the ati 5.7

im not gonna switch till the new omegas come out.......you guys have changed me forever and im not gonna be using the official ati drivers anymore (even though they are usually pretty good) i like the quality of the omegas.

For future reference, go to www.ati.com, then click Drivers and Software. In the middle of the screen, click "Windows XP Drivers and Software". From there, click "Radeon". From there click "CATALYST X.X Windows XP - Driver Download". That will be the latest driver.

Ohh and I use omegas too.

oh dont get me wrong i used omega drivers for a long time with my 9800 but for some reason this x800xl dosent take them very well and i get much better performance with the ati drivers, that is until the new omegas come out then i will be switching :D

Omega 5.6 drivers are out...... they also use ati-tray tools now..... you might want to consider those.

I am use to finding a page with drivers and just downloading the driver itself. I wasnt sure if in downloading the "program" catalyst included the drivers...sorry

thanks again jcw122 for the help.

Back