• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

help on card decision

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

maxxoverclocker

well my parents just announced that 50% of what i make will have to be put in savings which is good, but i'll have to say goodbye to the rig i was planning, so i guess i'll have to stick with upgrading my current (in sig) videocard is what i need most , and would like to keep it below $320, i was looking at Radeon X800XL and keep in mind i am slightly ati biased (as i prefer their drivers) but am open to nvidia cards as well (they just need a tad bit more goin for them) all comments/help is appreciated and keep in mind i need to keep it agp (AI7 for the win!) thanks

Well, you can't go wrong with a 6800GT, which is readily available at that price point.
I've also seen some great deals on X850XT PE's for crazy low prices (Around $350 if I recall).

You might want to upgrade your powersupply and you'll definitely need some good cooling for your new videocard if you're planning on overclocking it. ;)

Simple ....get the BBA X800XL at Bestbuy this week .... onsale for $249 !!!!

and/or price match to CircuitCity and get another $30 off with CC's MIR !!!

Check the post in Cyberdeals . ;)

stereo555 said:
Simple ....get the BBA X800XL at Bestbuy this week .... onsale for $249 !!!!

and/or price match to CircuitCity and get another $30 off with CC's MIR !!!

Check the post in Cyberdeals . ;)

^^ Can't go wrong with that.

is 140mhz on th core, 180mhz on the ram, VIVO, better hsf, and higher OC potential not worth $100 ?....i guess its just me :)

EDIT: i just realized he needs AGP.... the x800xl deal would be best

Yes , the AGP versions DO have molex power connections .

and

Yes again ; it is a worthwhile upgrade from a 9800P (about twice as fast ) . I just came from a 9800P to an XL myself . :D

alright well im hoping that card + the system i have now will last me long enough to build myself a new system in awhile, thanks for all the help guys

A worthwhile upgrade from 7500 in 03? How about 14-15K in 03? A 6800GT will get you there, and can be softmodded easily. I've got a Chaintech with stock cooling running a Gainward BIOS and 1.4v on Performance 3D and the thing is clocked 425/1150 right at the moment, and runs at 48C idle, and about 61 gaming. The only cooling mods I did was lap the stock copper HS and apply AS5, and remove the ram cooler and those crappy pads, and apply AS5 to it and replace. It may not be the top of the line record breaker, but it won't break the bank either and it'll give most of those high dollar cards a run for their money.

Edit: Broke 4 Stars Baby! :clap:

Last edited:
Back