• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The Best 6800 Water block or cooling solution.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Plasmoid_Man

Registered
Hi everyone... I'm looking at upgrading my Video card to a Geforce 6800 Ultra (AGP - Motherboard doesnt support PCI-E) My current system is watercooled CPU and GPU, however my old FX 5900 Ultra isnt quite cutting it anymore and with the recent drop in AGP Vid Cards I'm looking to snag a new 6800.

In short, I want to watercool and OC my new 6800 Ultra... is their something other then the 125$ Danger den water block?

Is it possible to cool just the GPU and use Ram sinks? Anyone have some Temps for me to see or some suggestions?

I use the DD Maze 4. Great block, excelent mounting. You will need Ramsinks with this block however.

$125 for GPU block?? :eek: no way I'm going to pay that much, I would get Maze4 Acetal and some copper ramsinks I'm sure you won't be disappointed

I had a maze4 on my 4600....

switched to a bfg 6800gt and found a factory reject polarflo TT (the side has one metal blemish) for $25. I get 42C/33 ambient idle and 46C/33 ambient load while playing WoW or BF2. Thats with CPU/GPU/chipset all in same loop with a single heatercore.

Overall, I've been impressed with the polarflo (don't hear it too often in here).

I also like the flexibility of the mounting system with its variable direction top. It also is a little more future proof than a maze4... ie you wouldn't have to buy another top.

Forgot to add that those GPU temps are from the standard nvidia temp probe and the card is currently OCed to 417/1100.

I was getting 41/idle and 44/load at stock speeds of 370/1000

Back