• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need a good UPS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Reelo

Registered
Since summers are getting a lot hotter now thanks to global warming more people are turning up their AC's. Just today I experienced a short outage (about 2 hours). I'm looking for a UPS that can provide up to 10-30 mins. Can anyone suggest some good ones? I don't need the expensive ones.

Reelo said:
Since summers are getting a lot hotter now thanks to global warming more people are turning up their AC's. Just today I experienced a short outage (about 2 hours). I'm looking for a UPS that can provide up to 10-30 mins. Can anyone suggest some good ones? I don't need the expensive ones.

How much do you want to spend?

i went threw this a month or so ago and got a decent amount of info.
your best bet is buying local due to shipping costs as the battery is heavy.
there are 2 makers that stand out. APC and belkin with apc being the leader no doubt,but expensive.

for a decent sized rig you will want 900va rating on the ups.
i found this basic ups made by apc and its more than fullfilled my expectations.
http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0174612
its under a differant name but rest assured is made by APC.i call it basic as the only terms of communication ive seen with it and my pc is that its on and working.

i have brown outs weekly in my area due to living on the edge of a small old town.and now i dont get scared or mad when our electric flashes out for a second several times a day when a storm is even close.i just smile and say to myself "my pc isnt gonna die today" it really is a feeling of relief.

I love Cyberpower.....I have a friend who works there....there support if something goes wrong awsome....

Back