• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Who needs this?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
sure hope your not trying to sell something outside the classifieds, because that would incure the wrath of a mod

ohh no...im wondering if this drive is capable of being used in another lappy....if so....then I will sell it in the proper forum.

Last edited:
tealk said:
Can someone tell me if this drive can be used in other lappys, and if so...which ones?
Thanks

Panasonic (CF-VDM292U) DVD±RW Dual Layer Burner

http://www.mwave.com/mwave/skusearch.hmx?SCriteria=3663342

Uh, possibly.

MOST optical drives are the same, but have an adapter screwed to the back, that will only fit in one type of lappy. I had some Toshiba and Sager drives, that would bolt right into my IBM Thinkpad adapters, and worked just fine. The only problem, the IBM stuff has a notch cut in the lower right corner of the faceplate, and the other stuff didn't.

If the case of this drive, is the same as the case of another drive, it will probably work, with the back pulled off of another drive.

steve

Back