• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Switching from 2t to 1t

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Aratech

Hello.. This is my first post here on the OC Forums.

I have a problem with my memory. I just got a new DFI UT nF3 Ultra-D board. Unfortunately right as newegg shipped it DFI RMAd it. I have four sticks of 512mb PC3200 ram. When all four sticks are in the mobo it registers the ram as 2 gigs of ddr333, and runs it in 2t. Now when I run just two sticks, 1 gig, it registers as its actual ddr400. I bought all the sticks at the same time, they are all the same type, so this isn't a confliction.

Now this is what I can do, and I don't know if this is totally n00bish or what, but I can change from 2t with four sticks to 1t, so maybe I can get the boost from 333 to 400. Should I do this?

Thanks for the help,
~Jon

:welcome:

have you tried setting the DDR400 speed manually in the bios? 2T is set by the memory controller for 4 Doublesided modules but DDR400 should be attainable.

:welcome: to the forum, Jon

Aratech said:
I have a problem with my memory. I just got a new DFI UT nF3 Ultra-D board. Unfortunately right as newegg shipped it DFI RMAd it.
You mean DFI recalled the mobo? What are you using now?

I have four sticks of 512mb PC3200 ram. When all four sticks are in the mobo it registers the ram as 2 gigs of ddr333, and runs it in 2t. Now when I run just two sticks, 1 gig, it registers as its actual ddr400. I bought all the sticks at the same time, they are all the same type, so this isn't a confliction.
The memory controller on the Vencie requires 2T with four sticks of RAM. However, it should be able to handle 200MHz/DDR400. Your BIOS probably sets the lower speed automatically because earlier versions of the A64 required a lower clock when using four DIMMs. If you haven't already, I suggest flashing the latest BIOS for the board you are using.

I meant that DFI RMA'd it after newegg had shipped it to me. So I'm using this (the DFI) board for now. The board has been taken off the market now for repairs concerning something (I read about it here) but it doesn't look like it should affect my memory.

Before I flashed the bios, I tried setting the memory at 200mhz, and it wouldn't boot, so I had to go back to 166. Also tried turning it to 1t with four sticks.. and they read at only ddr200!! So yes, I'm thinking you were definitely right Otter when you said Venices require it to be 2t with four sticks. After flashing the bios, the new bios wont even let me set the four sticks to 200mhz, so I don't know what's up with that. Still reads the four sticks at ddr333. Anyway, are there any other solutions?

Thanks for the speedy responses as well,
~Jon

Back