• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Should I got for the 2005FPW?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Vulcan

Should I go for the 2005FPW?

I'm thinking about grabing a 2005FPW at the 389.00 price. What do you think? I was planing to stick with crts (I like my high resolutions :D), but it seems like this lcd actualy has a decent resolution. Only probelm I can think of is that my video card (9700 pro) will have trouble pushing the native res in battlefield 2. Not a huge problem though because I'll be buildign a new system in a few weeks.

Last edited:
The 9700pro will die trying to push the native res on that monitor, unless you have the settings turned down. I'd only buy this monitor if I could actually see it in person before purchasing it. There are just too many documented problems with it.

You will love the 2005FPW if you have the card to push the native res. Dont even bother if you dont have a video card with DVI out or one that wont support 1680x1050 (any card worth having will be able to support that btw)

For $389 if you have all the above items you will love it! I was going to dual view with a CRT but since hooking up the 2005FPW I could care less about the CRT (which is now sitting in the closet)

crsang said:
For $389 if you have all the above items you will love it! I was going to dual view with a CRT but since hooking up the 2005FPW I could care less about the CRT (which is now sitting in the closet)
that was my plan as well. I was gonan pick up a refurb 19", but that would probably colapse my desk :D It is already saging with just 1 monitor on it. I might have to run at a no nativ reolution for games like BF2, but I can live with that for a few weeks until I get my new system built. I will have a rather high end card in that.

Now that I can order one for 359.00 its decided, I can't not get it at that price.

oh and Welcome to the forums!

Ri0 said:
The 9700pro will die trying to push the native res on that monitor, unless you have the settings turned down. I'd only buy this monitor if I could actually see it in person before purchasing it. There are just too many documented problems with it.

Dell is really good about helping you out if you do have a problem. They even pay for return shipping.

I went through 3 of these before I found one with acceptable Backlight Bleeding. The one I currently have still has some bleeding, but not near as bad as the first 3. I see right now there is a deal over in Cyber Deals for a Dell 2005FPW for $359 + tax. I am debating getting another one.

The only problem I have with Widescreens is the lack of true game support in many new games. I have BF2 and it wont allow for widescreen resolutions unless you modify the config file manually.

Thanks for the welcome! I've used a lot of the info from the forums just never chimed in!

$359!!! You have to love the end of the quarter (July is the end of Dell's FY06 Q2 and they are pushing everything out) Ship dates should be improved as well! I'm still happy with the $389 I paid, well worth it!

Just a tidbit of information, for what it's worth... anything under the mid $400's is below Dell's cost, as I have been told!

Vulcan said:
that was my plan as well. I was gonan pick up a refurb 19", but that would probably colapse my desk :D It is already saging with just 1 monitor on it. I might have to run at a no nativ reolution for games like BF2, but I can live with that for a few weeks until I get my new system built. I will have a rather high end card in that.

Now that I can order one for 359.00 its decided, I can't not get it at that price.

oh and Welcome to the forums!

Might want to see about buying a new desk instead of a monitor ;)

crsang said:
Thanks for the welcome! I've used a lot of the info from the forums just never chimed in!

$359!!! You have to love the end of the quarter (July is the end of Dell's FY06 Q2 and they are pushing everything out) Ship dates should be improved as well! I'm still happy with the $389 I paid, well worth it!

Just a tidbit of information, for what it's worth... anything under the mid $400's is below Dell's cost, as I have been told!

40% off the 2005fpw is over, coupon is no good, sniff, but they are now offering 30% off..... just letting everyone know.... :eh?:

Back