• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ready to give up

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

techun

my amd bundle (a8n-e and venice 3200+)
doesnt work
I've tried everything everyone has said, and tried out different psus, ram, sent bios to asus to flash..everything..so i give up
if i cant get it to work, is it ok to sell it?
I guess i could rma both of them, guessing i have to call both companies?
any advice or consolement would help :(

well i called amd, and found out you have to use IE to register..:(
so i pick my processor out for rma..and put in the serial number..

"The processor serial number you have entered has not been found in our records and the processor cannot be registered online.

If this is an AMD retail packaged Processor in a Box and you have proof of purchase, please contact your regional Technical Service Center to request an RMA. "

I bought this off a member here, so i dont have the proof of purchase..whats my next move

Did you test the mobo and the proc? If you have a friend with a A64 system give him the proc to test it.
Do the same for the board and your memory, don't give up just yet.

i do have a friend with a 939

but when i went to test it over there..he pulled off his xp90..and ripped out his 3700sd..and its being rma'd now..no way he'll let me test again..
and he broke his mounting things
(i was standing away from him, it was all him)

can i sell this on the classifieds here..i dont know whats wrong with any of it

techun said:
well i called amd, and found out you have to use IE to register..:(
so i pick my processor out for rma..and put in the serial number..

"The processor serial number you have entered has not been found in our records and the processor cannot be registered online.

If this is an AMD retail packaged Processor in a Box and you have proof of purchase, please contact your regional Technical Service Center to request an RMA. "

I bought this off a member here, so i dont have the proof of purchase..whats my next move

Unless AMD's web site requires ActiveX, the problem is probably caused by a bug. Thus, you may want to file a bug report with Bugzilla at Mozilla.

I'm saying this, because the people at AMD probably don't care. :(

Last edited:
yes
unless they're some secret trick..i tried it all

if i would put it in the classifieds i would make sure it was clearly labeled as unsure, and that a noob couldnt get it going
they could also rma it if it really didnt work

but it's being rma'd

techun said:
yes
unless they're some secret trick..i tried it all

if i would put it in the classifieds i would make sure it was clearly labeled as unsure, and that a noob couldnt get it going
they could also rma it if it really didnt work

but it's being rma'd

Thats good, I hope the new one works for you. I just hope the Mobo is all right, for some reason I think RMA'ing a mobo is by far the most frustrating.

Back