• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hardware not good enough?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cheator

I was going to put this in the games section, but really what I am asking is about my hardware.

(The rig I am talking about is Lithicus which can be viewed in my sig)

I am completly aware that BF2 takes a beating on any system. But I got it last night and started playing single player.

At default video settings it is great. I have that FPS counter thing set on my x800 pro and I get like 30-50 FPS, which is not bad I guess. ITs mostly closer to 50 but every now and then wheren there is like 20 people on screen with like helicoptors and 5 vehicles all shooting it drops down.

but I set it to 1280x960 (I think) and the refresh rate at70 hz. I also put AA on 2x just to see if i could run it. With details on high I tried it out and soon realized i couldn't play at those settings.

The game wasn't choppy or laggy or slow. IT ran at like 50 FPS still, but about every 3-4 seconds it would slow down to a halt for maybe a second and then continue as fast as it was before.

I had this issue with UT2k4 back in the day and I just opened up my memory bandwidth and it worked, but I am running at an FSB of 245 I believe and my CPU is running at 2450 mhz. So why am I lagging? I don't exactly have an ancient system. Aside from the obvious OCs, what could I do to improve it's speed?

Oh and one last thing. I OC my x800 pro to 500/1000 and it helps a tad at the settings mentioned above.

Thanks guys

Not sure what to tell except make sure you have the vid driver updated and see if there is a game patch available yet. You might have to back off the vid card eye candy settings a tad.

I took them down and with AA off it works quite well. But it is just annoying that its laggy. Its not even my VC which I could OC more, it just seems to be my ram. Should I tighten the timmings?

Back