• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MAJOR mobo issue.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cjwinnit

B&
My mobo is dying. As I was replacing a hard disk out of my computer the motherboard failed to boot (the BIOS "beep" recycled every few seconds and the interval between beeps sped up). Took the rig to pieces, then put it together today. (Gigabyte 8IRXP by the way) The RAID chip is not found, and though it now boots it takes about 30 seconds to get to the boot screen. Once in Windows neither the network card or the sound card work (strangely, the onboard NIC works) so I have concluded that part of the PCI bus is borked.

I'd like a replacement motherboard and would like some recommendations. I like the RAID chip so i'd like that, should be able to run my P4 Northwood chip. Onboard LAN (gigabit? :) ) would be an advantage but not essential. And I'm not rich. I'm asking a lot I know, but any ideas which model would be ideal?

Back