• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P5AD2 Premium - no sound after 1011.007 beta BIOS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Governator

Registered
Hey guys, I've tried REPEATEDLY to get thsi to work but everytime I try and reupdate my 1011.006 to the 1011.007 it kills my onboard sound, any idea what gives with this bios and also does anyone know if there are any forthcoming new beta bios's headed our way for this board? tnx...

Gov

Hi governator

The drivers are on de asus cd. I havent the cd right here, but there is a folder on the asus cd (that comes with the motherboard) where it as many other folders by language version of your O/S. If it's in english open folder "en" and run the aplication thats inside and VOILÁ it will install audio drivers.

Try it and tell me.

Glad I saw this, I think I'll hold off on updating my P5AD2 BIOS until you find a solution.

Please post the solution when you do!

sg.aramis said:
Hi governator

The drivers are on de asus cd. I havent the cd right here, but there is a folder on the asus cd (that comes with the motherboard) where it as many other folders by language version of your O/S. If it's in english open folder "en" and run the aplication thats inside and VOILÁ it will install audio drivers.

Try it and tell me.
Greets sg.aramis, thanks for the reply buddy but that's NOT the problem I'm having. I'm well aware of where the drivers are on the cd and have installed and reinstalled several times to no avail so who the hell knows :rolleyes: The problem I AM having however is the new 1011.007 BIOS kills the audio ENTIRELY ;) Hope that's clear enough for anyone who's not yet familiar with this problem. Anyhow I'm using the 1011.006 and have had no problmes and none with any other BIOS's until the 1011.007 came along.

Cheers,

Gov

marker said:
Glad I saw this, I think I'll hold off on updating my P5AD2 BIOS until you find a solution.

Please post the solution when you do!
Hiya Marker, good on you bud ;) Yeah I don't know what the deal is with 1011.007 but oh well .006 is doing just fine, I'm just hoping that Asus gets it into gear and puts out a good performance BIOS that offers among other things if possible, higher vdimm voltages and maybe native 800 DDR2.

Cheers,

Gov

bump, anyone?

I've since revisited this problem and tried updating to it(1011.007) from 1011.006 and with the same result, no sound even after reinstalling HD driver and C-Media software...God Asus let's get some good performance BIOSs out there shall we? :mad:

You guys talking about the P5AD2 or P5AD2-E?

I have the P5AD2-E and am running 1005.002 (release, not beta). It's fixed a number of issues, but mostly over the beta bios I was running back in January is it fixed the loss of audio settings when you reboot (would go back to default stuff).

I'm not impressed about this onboard sound anyhow. I was going to downgrade this board to my MCE machine, and try it out with the SPDIF output instead of the crappy analog stuff.

eduncan911 said:
You guys talking about the P5AD2 or P5AD2-E?

I have the P5AD2-E and am running 1005.002 (release, not beta). It's fixed a number of issues, but mostly over the beta bios I was running back in January is it fixed the loss of audio settings when you reboot (would go back to default stuff).

I'm not impressed about this onboard sound anyhow. I was going to downgrade this board to my MCE machine, and try it out with the SPDIF output instead of the crappy analog stuff.
P5AD2 Premium...

Back