• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Router

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GunnerMan

Ok we recently decided to go wireless and get rid of cables. Well will our stone age BEFW11S4 Ver 2 Linnksys router (circa 2000) and its reciver does not seem to be up to the task. Its very hard to get it connected and then if im lucky the speed is decent and yet I still can not play Guild Wars or the like without lag. I had to wire my computer back up to write this its ****in me off. Linksys tech support just sucks so Ive decided ive got to spend money to get a more up-to-date router and recievers. I am mad aboutLinksys but they seem to have the best quality products. So I saw broowsed there SRX and "speedbooster" line of producs. The SRX was more attractive to me as it seemed to be based around signal quality and I think thats a big chunk of my current problem here. Is signal strength, quality. I need to put the reciver out of my room to get a decent signal. So what product line from any company would you suggest I look at? I want lag free gameing for games such *** BF2, CS:S, GW etc etc. I want it to be fast as possible and reliable as if I had it wired. This damn thing has pushed me to my limits in patience. :bang head Thanks...

Thaks I saw other post. Glad im not the only one. Think is it has a dresser, wall closet and an adobe wall to go through so I guess it really needs a strong signal. I tried hookin it up on a comp right ontop of router it still sucked tho. Thanks looks like Newegg for me. Don't want to spend the cash but Ive got to.

try to be sure that whatever you do get has a port for an external antenna, so you can upgrade that if needed later on. then you can just slap on an extra one and have a better singal instead of having to try to solder one in and void warranties and all. from what i can see tho, the speedbooster crp wont work if you arent having a good signal. m understanding is that it just populates 2 channels at once to doube throughput, so if you're having interferance issues it might be harder to avoid them.

have you tried changing the channel of the current setup? is it on the defult of 6? from netstumbling i have noticed that 2 and 10 seem to be the least populated, at least around columbus and in my home town.

Back